Volume 4, Number 16, January 11, 1999
Facts About Martin Luther King, Jr.
Use an online search engine, encyclopedia, or other reference source(s) to help make the correct choices.
1. Where was Martin Luther King, Jr. born?
a. Birmingham, Alabama
b. Memphis, Tennessee
c. Chicago, Illinois
d. Atlanta, Georgia
2. King was __________ years old when he entered college.
3. Dr. King became the leader of a bus boycott that was organized to fight segregation in _______________.
a. Montgomery, Alabama
b. Jackson, Mississippi
c. Burbank, California
d. Athens, Georgia
4. In 1957 Dr. King was one of the founders of this organization.
a. National Association for the
Advancement of Colored People
b. Southern Christian Leadership Conference
c. Urban League
d. American Civil Liberties Union
5. Dr. King was the pastor of a _______________ church.
6. Dr. King believed all of the following except _______________.
a. People should never violate any
b. People should not use violence to fight injustice.
c. People should not be judged by the color or their skin.
d. Public opinion was important.
7. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a great orator (public speaker). His most famous speech has become known as the “_______________” speech.
a. It’s Time for Justice
b. We Shall Overcome
c. United We Stand
d. I Have a Dream
8. Dr. King was visiting Memphis, Tennessee in support of striking black garbage workers when he was assassinated. He only lived to be __________ years old.
Microsoft Encarta 98 Encyclopedia
Copyright 1999 RHL
RHL School Home