Use a dictionary to look up the meanings of any words you don't know.
1. Which of these is most likely to be a part of your heritage?
the way you and your family celebrate a holiday
b. a sudden case of the flu
c. a dream that you can’t remember
d. your plot to hide a mouse in your sister’s bed
2. Which of the following does not help to define a nation’s culture?
e. sports and entertainment
g. shape of circles
3. When you progress, you _______.
move forward to a better condition
b. put on working clothes
c. fail to eat healthy food
d. look for insects in your socks
4. Which is an example of adversity?
finding a five dollar bill
b. a war
c. a special song
d. a happy celebration
5. Which word is a synonym of “blend”?
6. If you abolish something, you _______.
make it shiny
b. say it’s bad
c. defend it
d. get rid of it
7. If you enrich something, you _______.
make it cost less
b. make it better
c. destroy it
d. want it too much