Volume 5, Number 16, January 18, 2000
Use an encyclopedia or other reference source(s) to help you answer the questions.
1. How many representatives serve in Iowa’s state legislature, the General Assembly?
2. Where did the name of the state come from?
3. Who was the president of the United States when Iowa became the 29th state?
4. What state will you first enter if you travel south from Iowa?
5. What industry uses about 90% of Iowa’s land?
6. Did Iowa ever have any forests?
7. The state’s very independent and thoughtful citizens cannot be taken for granted by any political party. Which party does the majority tend to favor?
8. What is the state nickname?
rhlschool.comRHL School - Free Worksheets and MoreCopyright 2000 RHL
Our source: Britannica.com: http://www.britannica.com
E-mail This Page to a Friend!
Safer Surfing for Kids!
Research Skills Menu
RHL School Home