Volume 5, Number 12, November 29, 1999
Use a dictionary to help you answer the following questions.
1. Which of the following rhymes with “faux pas”?
a. slow Pa
b. hawk’s grass
c. tax place
d. Luke’s mess
2. If someone commits a faux pas, he will probably _____.
a. be praised
b. be sent to prison
c. do it as the result of planning
d. be embarrassed
3. The first syllable of “crouton” sounds like _____.
4. Where are you most likely to find a crouton?
a. at a
b. on a salad
c. in a bathroom
d. on an expensive shoe
5. Which word rhymes with “deign”?
rhlschool.comRHL School - Free Worksheets and MoreCopyright 1999 RHL
E-mail This Page to a Friend!
Safer Surfing for Kids!
Research Skills Menu
RHL School Home