Volume 4, Number 23, March 8, 1999
St. Patrick's Day Fun
See if you can find the answers to the following questions. Our main sources of information are A Wee Bit O Fun, http://www.nando.net/toys/stpaddy/stpaddy.html and Meijer St. Patricks Day, http://www.meijer.com/stpatricks/whois.html.
1. Historians agree that this statement about St. Patrick is not true.
a. He was born in Ireland.
b. He was captured and sold into slavery.
c. He used shamrocks to teach a religious idea.
d. He died in Ireland.
2. According to legend, what did St. Patrick do to all the snakes in Ireland.
a. He converted them to Christianity.
b. He caused them to lose their venom.
c. He drove them into the sea.
d. He started zoos to keep them from harm.
3. A shamrock is a __________.
a. clover that has three leaves
b. clover that always has four leaves
c. common name for the Blarney Stone
d. fake rock
4. What is a leprechauns hidden treasure?
a. a shoe factory
b. a keg of green beer
c. a chocolate castle
d. a pot of gold
5. Which statement is true about the Blarney Stone?
a. People have been kissing it for hundreds of years.
b. It is not real.
c. It is the largest shamrock in the world.
d. It is said to speak once a year.
6. What does the term Erin Go Braugh mean?
a. Erin, go back home and put something green on.
b. Ireland Forever
c. Lets have a big parade.
d. The Emerald Isle
7. Why is St. Patricks Day celebrated on March 17?
a. That is St. Patricks birthday.
b. That is the date of St. Patricks death.
c. That is the date when Ireland became a nation.
d. That is the date when St. Patrick built his first church.
Copyright 1999 RHL
E-mail This Page to a Friend!
Reference Skills Menu