Volume 4, Number 1, September 8, 1998
Use a dictionary to help you make the correct choices.
1. A triumphant tennis player _______________.
a. can only last for three games
b. uses a new racquet
c. makes elephant noises with his nose
d. is a winner
2. An angelic child _______________.
a. is very well behaved
b. is sneaky and cant be trusted
c. never cries
d. looks like a tropical fish
3. A minuend is _______________.
a. the last step of a dance
b. a number that you subtract from
c. the bottom of a minu
d. a French song
4. There are _______________ in an octave.
a. 31 days
b. 8 musical notes
c. 7 metal parts
d. 5 candles
5. Which of these would probably be an august event?
a. an important ceremony
b. a summer picnic
c. a forgotten birthday
d. a garbage truck tipping over
Reference Skills Menu
Copyright 1998 RHL