Volume 3, Number 8, October 27, 1997
Using a Dictionary
Use a dictionary to help you complete each sentence.
1. A nocturnal animal would probably ___________.
a. not eat other animals
b. like to be near humans
c. not be afraid of the dark
d. live in a tree
2. It would be dangerous to give ___________ to a pyromaniac.
a. salty food
b. uncooked carrots
d. a water pistol
3. You would not like using a ___________ if you had acrophobia.
a. metal spoon
4. Triskaidekaphobia is a srong and unreasonable fear of ___________.
a. getting mashed potatoes in your hair
b. playing cards
c. choking on crackers
d. the number 13
5. Hydrophobia is another name for __________.
a. a fear of being in an airplane
b. a fear of electricity
d. flea bites
Copyright 1997 RHL
Reference Skills Menu