Volume 3, Number 35, June 15, 1998
North American Birds
1. Which is not true about the common loon?
a. It is a good swimmer.
b. It can walk faster than most water birds.
c. It eats fish.
d. I is a strong flier.
2. Which is true about the common snipe?
a. It is a sandpiper.
b. It is a duck.
c. It is a close relative of the swan.
d. It is a fictitious bird that has never existed.
3. Which is true about the osprey?
a. It is the only bird that has
b. It will only eat fried food.
c. It is the smallest sparrow.
d. It is a hawk.
4. Which is true about wood ducks?
a. They nest in trees.
b. They are not really ducks.
c. They live mostly in Canada.
d. They never mate.
5. Which is true about the yellow-bellied sapsucker?
a. It is a close relative of the
b. It is a hawk.
c. It is a woodpecker.
d. It looks exactly like the cactus wren.
Copyright 1998 RHL
E-mail This Page to a Friend!
Safer Surfing for Kids!
Research Skills Menu
RHL School Home