Volume 3, Number 32, May 18, 1998
Use a dictionary or other reference source to help you choose the correct answer.
1. When you halve something, _______________.
a. you possess it
b. you divide it by two
c. you call it loudly
d. you don’t like it
2. Which word sounds the same as halve?
3. The phoenix _______________.
a. is a city in Arizona
b. is a mythical bird
c. is a jet fighter
d. connects a computer to a telephone
4. Which word sounds like the first syllable of phoenix?
5. To lacerate something is to _______________.
a. cover it with fine cloth
b. put a protective coating on it
c. soak it
d. tear it
6. The first syllable of lacerate sounds like __________.
7. A gunwale is part of a __________.
b. sea mammal
8. Which consonant is silent in gunwale?
Copyright 1998 RHL
E-mail This Page to a Friend!
Safer Surfing for Kids!
Research Skills Menu
RHL School Home