Volume 3, Number 14, December 8, 1997
Using a Dictionarypy Holidays
1. Which is an example of someone being a scholar?
a. Melissa is volunteering to help feed the homeless.
b. Brian is researching a history report at the library.
c. Amy is selling books at the school fair.
d. Sam is building a room for a new computer lab.
2. When someone observes a holiday, he/she ___________.
a. looks at a calendar
b. uses a microscope
c. celebrates it
d. watches what people do
3. Where and when were Christmas trees first used?
4. If someone wanted to be a cleric, he/she would become a student of __________.
5. In some countries, gifts are exchanged on the feast of Saint Nicholas. What is the date of that celebration?
Copyright 1997 RHL
Reference Skills Menu