Volume 3, Number 10, November 10, 1997
Use a dictionary to help you complete each sentence.
1. A veteran is ___________.
a. an animal doctor
b. someone who has served in the armed forces
c. a liquid vitamin
d. a rare snake of northern India
2. A patriotic person is very loyal to his/her ___________.
3. A valorous person ___________.
a. dresses extremely well
b. can play a bugle
c. is very brave
d. is always polite
4. If you volunteer to do something, it means you ___________.
a. dont need money
b. are forced to do it
c. feel that there is nothing in the world youd enjoy more
d. agree to do something that you dont have to do
5. If someone is drafted into the army, it means he ___________.
a. is forced to join
b. is serving at a windy location
c. draw pictures of tanks
d. has volunteered to serve
6. An armada is a ___________.
a. gold decoration worn on a uniform
b. naval officer
c. small rifle
d. fleet of warships
Copyright 1997 RHL
Reference Skills Menu