Mathematics Problem Solving
Volume 5, Number 9, November 1, 1999
1. I am a number. I am a multiple of nine. I am 30 when I’m rounded to the nearest 10. What number am I?
2. I am a U.S. state. I am one of the 48 contiguous states. I border the Pacific Ocean. If you round the number of days in two weeks to the nearest 10, you will get the number of letters in my name. The last two letters in my name are o-n. What state am I?
3. I am a number. I am the year of Columbus’ famous voyage rounded to the nearest 1,000. What number am I?
4. I am a number. I am the number of days in a decade rounded to the nearest thousand. What number am I?
5. I am a day of the week. To find the number of letters in my name, multiply 78 by 88, round that product to the nearest thousand and then divide that number by 1,000. What day am I?
RHL School - Free Worksheets and MoreCopyright 1999 RHL
Mathematics Problem Solving Menu
RHL School Home