Mathematics Problem Solving
Volume 5, Number 16, January 18, 2000
1. Eighty percent equals 4/5. Francine got 80% on her last math test. There were five questions. How many questions did she get right?
2. Twenty-five percent equals 1/4. We have a rule that when our Cooking Club members vote on a new rule, at least 25% of the members must be present. There are 18 members in our club. How many members must be present in order for us to have a legal vote?
3. At our last Cooking Club meeting, 50% of the members were present. We voted to have a Valentine’s Day party. Only two members voted against the proposal. How many members voted to have the party?
4. All the students at Reagan Elementary School voted in a poll about school uniforms. Twelve percent were for school uniforms; Seventy-one percent were opposed to the idea. The rest were undecided. __________ percent were undecided.
5. There are 400 students at Reagan Elementary school. Based on the poll, how many of them say that they are in favor of school uniforms?
rhlschool.com RHL School - Free Worksheets and MoreCopyright 2000 RHL
Mathematics Problem Solving Menu
RHL School Home