Mathematics Problem Solving
Volume 4, Number 4, September 28, 1998
1. Shadow catches two mice every night and leaves them in the dining room. How many mice does he catch in a week?
2. There are 26 letters in the alphabet. Scott knows 15 letters. How many more does he have to learn?
3. Ryan had 240 building blocks. When he went to put them away, he only found 213 blocks. How many blocks were missing?
4. Katey and Laura are combining their sports card collections and then they will sell the whole collection at an auction. Katey has 570 cards and Laura has 394 cards. How many cards will be in the combined collection?
5. If the time in New York City is 1:00 PM, the time in Los Angeles is 10:00 AM. That’s because they are in different time zones. If it’s 3:00 PM in Los Angeles, what time is it in New York City?
Copyright 1998 RHL
E-mail This Page to a Friend!
Mathematics Problem Solving Menu
RHL School Home