Mathematics Problem Solving
Volume 4, Number 22, March 1, 1999
This Day in History
Sources: History Channel: http://www.historychannel.com and Eduzone: http://www.eduzone.com
1. Elton John released his first record on March 1, 1968. That was ________ years ago.
2. The singer, Harry Belafonte, is 72 years old today. He was born on March 1, ________.
3. Robert Conrad, who starred in The Wild Wild West, was born on this date in 1935. He is ________ years old.
4. Robert Conrad was born on Harry Belafonte’s ________ birthday.
5. Actor turned director, Ron Howard, was born on this date in 1954. He is ________ years old.
6. On March 1, 1960, the top country music song was He’ll Have to Go by Jim Reeves. That was when Ron Howard was ________ years old.
7. It was thirty years ago today that Mickey Mantle, the great Yankees homerun hitter, retired from baseball. Mantle was born on October 20, 1931. He retired on March 1, ________ at the age of ________.
Copyright 1999 RHL
E-mail This Page to a Friend!
Mathematics Problem Solving Menu
RHL School Home