Mathematics Problem Solving
Volume 4, Number 2, September 14, 1998
Using a Calendar
1. What is the date of the first Monday of the month?
2. What day of the week is it on September 20, 1998?
3. What date is exactly one week after the 7th of September?
4. There are always the same number of days in September. How many days are in September?
5. There are always 31 days in August, the month that comes right before September. What day of the week was August 30?
6. Sam was jumping around and singing because his birthday was coming in exactly 2 weeks. His birthday is September 17. On what date was Sam jumping around and singing?
7. Cheryl is having a big sale to get rid of all her junk. It will start on Friday, September 25. The last day of the sale will be Sunday, September 27. How many days long is the sale? (You probably know that figuring 27-25=2 will not give you the correct answer.)
8. The Hemlock Mills Country Fair runs from September 16 through September 23. The fair is ________ days long.
Copyright 1998 RHL
RHL School Home