Mathematics Problem Solving
Volume 3, Number 27, March 30, 1998
Assorted Review Problems
1. Mrs. Alice is ordering new math textbooks for her classroom. She has 22 students. The publisher charges $ 24.95 for each book. When 25 or more books are ordered, the price is $ 18.95 each. Mrs. Alice will order 25 books because she figured out that it would cost __________ more to order 22 books than 25 books.
2. The Wheel family pays $ 19.95 a month for unlimited Internet service. What is their annual (yearly) cost?
3. There are _______ hens in the barn. They each laid 3 eggs last night. They laid two dozen eggs altogether.
4. Matthew is subscribing to the Reptile Herald, a monthly publication. A one year subscription costs $ 14.40. The newsstand price is $ 3.00 an issue. How much is Matthew saving per issue by subscribing?
5. Roxanne will be fifteen years old on April 1, 1998. In what year was she born?
Copyright 1998 RHL
E-mail This Page to a Friend!
Mathematics Problem Solving Menu
RHL School Home