Mathematics Problem Solving
Volume 3, Number 19, January 26, 1998
1. These are Matthew's English test scores: 70, 75, 70, 85, 90, 90
What is his average score?
2. Nikki is president of the Cat Lovers' Club, even though she doesn't have a cat. The other members are Laura and David. Laura has one cat and David has eight cats. What is the average number of cats owned by members of the club?
3. Rocky took his girlfriend out for dinner. They ordered two dinners that were priced at $ 10.00 each. The restaurant had a special deal where the first dinner cost the regular price and the second dinner was half price. What was the average cost for each dinner?
4. Allen spent a total of 42 hours on the computer last week. On average, he spent _____ hours a day on the computer.
5. Sue spent 4 hours a day, Sunday through Friday, and _____ hours on Saturday, surfing the World Wide Web. She spent an average of 5 hours of surfing per day during the entire week.
Copyright 1998 RHL
E-mail This Page to a Friend!
Mathematics Problem Solving Menu
RHL School Home