Mathematics Problem Solving
Volume 3, Number 10, November 10, 1997
1. Ashley baked cookies for her church bake sale. She put nine cookies in each of the 10 bags she filled. She still had 4 cookies left over. How many cookies did she bake?
2. Travis bought 5 six-packs of soda. He drank two cans and put the rest in the refrigerator. How many cans of soda did Travis put in the refrigerator?
3. Laura has 475 bags of marbles. There are 250 marbles in each bag. Crystal has 250 bags with 475 marbles in each bag. Who has the most marbles?
4. Brian slept 8 hours every night in October. He didn’t sleep at all during daylight hours. How many hours did Brian sleep in October?
5. Which of the following tells you how many minutes are in a day?
a. 24 + 60 = 84
b. 60 - 24 = 36
c. 24 x 60 = 1,440
d. 24 x 12 = 288
Copyright 1997 RHL
E-mail This Page to a Friend!
Mathematics Problem Solving Menu
RHL School Home