Volume 5, Number 8, October 30, 2000
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meanings.
Underline the three synonyms in each sentence. The first one is done for you.
1. An intelligent dog is smart enough to avoid chasing a clever raccoon.
2. The candidate that you elect to vote for is one that you should feel proud to choose.
3. Paula’s selfish attitude is no more greedy than the stingy behavior of your friend, Ben.
4. I’m totally amazed at how completely wonderful and absolutely brilliant our teacher is!
5. We gave a great sigh of relief after the huge creature took an enormous step over our heads.
6. The battle isn’t over until the candidates cease their fight and let the voters decide the contest.
7. I will endeavor to work with you as you attempt to solve the mystery, but please try to be patient!
8. My candidate’s chief adversary in the race is a tough opponent who will never give an inch to his rival.
rhlschool.comRHL School - Free Worksheets and MoreCopyright 2000 RHL
RHL School Home