Volume 5, Number 3, September 25, 2000
Underline the word that is used once as a noun and once as a verb in each sentence. The first sentence has been done for you.
1. Leon won’t trade toys with you unless the toys you offer allow for a fair trade.
2. I’ll show you how to display your food at the food show.
3. I’ll design a silver cup with a cool design engraved into the silver.
4. “A paper tiger can’t roar,” Mr. Smith declared as he put down his paper and listened to the roar of the ocean.
5. I will win honestly, or the win will be of no value.
6. This puzzle may puzzle you if you don’t think harder than you usually think.
7. This fishing permit will permit you to do your fishing in any of our private lakes.
8. The dance would be more successful if everyone would dance.
9. The loud talking in the audience didn’t bother me; the loud snoring was a bother.
10. Her haunting singing is truly haunting me now that she will never be singing again.
rhlschool.comRHL School - Free Worksheets and MoreCopyright 2000 RHL
RHL School Home