Volume 5, Number 2, September 18, 2000
Underline the verbs. Here’s some help: In each sentence, there will be two or three verbs and they will always be in alphabetical order. The nouns and adjectives that are made from verbs don't count. The first sentence has been done for you.
1.Boris carefully avoided the boiling milk that was on the stove.
2. While blissfully bathing in his wading pool, Cameron failed to notice the hungry little shark.
3. Di gazed into her looking glass and studied her sparkling eyes.
4. Please count your toes every day until the count exceeds ten.
5. Slow walking is the best exercise for someone recovering from such an accident.
6. The annoying barking ceased when Dog recognized our voices.
7. Patricia’s abundant supply of natural gas was the reason why her invitation to the pajama party never went out.
8. Be honest and fair when you deal with others.
9. Sammy suddenly saw the sinister spider sitting on his salad.
10. Garth acts as if he has no knowledge of the criminal acts that we reported.
rhlschool.comRHL School - Free Worksheets and MoreCopyright 2000 RHL
RHL School Home