Volume 4, Number 11, November 15, 1999
Combine each pair of italicized words into a single contraction. Remember that the apostrophe is located where letters have been removed. The first one has been done for you.
not understand her new assignment. doesn’t
2. Sam rarely laughs while he is sleeping.
3. Bill likes chocolate but he has stopped eating it.
4. We have tried to be fair to everyone.
5. Karen and Kassy think they are cuter than you.
6. Maria refused to admit that she had put the butter in her pocket.
7. Ashley promised that she would send us an e-mail.
8. The report will be handed in, but it will be late.
9. I wonder if it is proper to eat broth with a fork and knife.
10. That is the silliest song they have ever sung.
RHL School - Free Worksheets and More
Copyright 1999 RHL
RHL School Home