Volume 4, Number 1, September7, 1999
Most nouns in English are made into plural nouns by adding an s to the singular form. If the noun ends with an s, ch, sh, or x, an es is added to make the noun plural.
The underlined noun in each sentence is spelled in its singular form. Write the correct plural form after the sentence. The first one is done for you.
1. There are too many box
our attic. boxes
2. How many picture did you take on your trip?
3. Cheryl doesn’t enjoy washing dish.
4. There are three church in our little community.
5. Our soccer team has had four wins and three loss.
In each sentence there is one singular noun that should be plural. Underline that noun and write the correct form after the sentence. The first one is done for you.
1. We put ten of our best crystal glass
on the table. glasses
2. All the student in that school wear uniforms.
3. Our watch don’t show the same time.
4. Why are all school bus painted yellow?
5. Seven protester were arrested after the riot.
6. We saw some bright flash of light coming from the woods.
7. Why must I pay four different tax on the same income?
RHL School - Free Worksheets and MoreCopyright 1999 RHL
RHL School Home