Volume 3, Number 8, October 26, 1998
Singular means one. Plural means more than one.
There are two or more singular nouns in each sentence. One of those nouns should be changed to its plural form to be correct. Underline the incorrect noun and write its proper form after the sentence. The first three have been done for you.
1.The old dog
no longer fought over their food. dogs
2. I read seven story to my son. stories
3. Harold lost five of his new book. books
4. We never noticed the frog that were sitting on the salad.
5. The governor brought all his child to the ceremony.
6. Annabella was outraged when the nurse said she had eleven louse in her hair.
7. There were many flash of light in the sky.
8. Mrs. Dale insisted that her property tax were too high.
9. All my dream came true when you became my wife.
10. Alice, did you remove some shelf from this bookcase?
11. My calf were sore after the race.
12. None of the switch were turned off on that panel.
13. The painter left their ladder in the middle of the driveway.
14. I sent three reply to your e-mail address.
15. All the witch flew over our Halloween party.
16. Penny put many penny in Patty’s purple pantry.
17. Apple were the favorite food at the school party.
18. We saw many scary mask on the last night of October.
19. Olivia falls asleep by counting sheep in her mind.
20. I don’t believe that John was chased by a bunch of mummy.
Copyright 1998 RHL
E-mail This Page to a Friend!
English Basics Menu
RHL School Home