Volume 3, Number 32, May 17, 1999
Still More Analogies
Complete each analogy by writing the best word in the blank. Use a dictionary to look up words you don't know.
1. Philanthropist is to generous as profligate is to _______________.
2. Leg is to toe as arm is to _______________.
3. Geologist is to rocks as _______________ is to stars.
4. Din is to _______________ as crime is to illegal.
5. Lie is to lay as rise is to _______________.
6. Compliment is to insult as high is to _______________.
7. Big is to large as coercion is to _______________.
Copyright 1999 RHL
E-mail This Page to a Friend!
English Basics Menu
RHL School Home