Volume 3, Number 10, November 9, 1998
Review: Nouns, Verbs, Adjectives, and Adverbs
The underlined word in each sentence is a noun, verb, adjective, or adverb. Write the correct part of speech after the sentence. The first four have been done for you.
don’t drink puddle water. verb
2. Jill requested a large drink. noun
3. Jenna ran swiftly toward the finish line. adverb
4. The birds took over an empty nest. adjective
5. Steve wishes he had a dog.
6. The genie granted me three wishes!
7. The crowd greeted the team with a loud cheer.
8. The crowd greeted the team with a loud cheer.
9. Hampton sadly admitted his part in the crime.
10. Fried bacon is not allowed in Miss Mouse’s diet.
11. Mike baked the bread and fried the fish.
12. The winning candidate had been behind for most of the race.
13. Look carefully before you leap.
14. My only rule is to treat others with respect.
15. No king shall rule this land!
16. Carson does not wish to eat from paper plates.
17. This china is certainly not made from paper.
18. He glided effortlessly over the snow.
19. You must stop trying to live in the past.
20. We passed the slow boat and sped home.
Copyright 1998 RHL
E-mail This Page to a Friend!
English Basics Menu
RHL School Home